北京師范大學經濟與工商管理學院（BNU Business School）是中國師范類大學中成立最早的經管學院之一，并于2016年通過EQUIS國際認證，躋身全球前1%的精英商學院。依托北京師范大學百余年的歷史底蘊和文化積淀，在近40年的時間里，已發展成為中國經濟學和工商管理學科的重要人才培養和科學研究基地。教育部最新學科評估排名顯示，北師大經管學院理論經濟學排名全國并列第五。作為全校最早開設全英文國際碩士學位項目的學院之一，在留學生培養的師資力量、學習資源、學生管理和服務等方面具有豐富的經驗和較大優勢。自2011年“世界經濟與中國”全英文國際碩士項目開辦以來，大大促進和提升了學院全英文課程建設水平以及留學生人才培養的質量。一直以來，學院的留學生培養立足國際人才市場需求，運用多元化教學手段，重視理論聯系實踐，采用課堂教學、獨立學習、實踐學習、案例討論、學術沙龍等多種方式相結合的教學模式，培養出了很多既具備良好的經濟學專業基礎，又具有國際視野和了解中國社會與文化的高層次國際專業人才。
博士學位論文要求在導師的指導下由本人獨立完成，學位論文語言為英文，采用Times New Roman 12號字體，1.5倍行距，至少80000字。學位論文評審和答辯過程嚴格遵循《北京師范大學學位授予工作細則》和學校其他要求，論文答辯由學院統一組織。
1. Introduction of BNUBS
As one of the earliest economic management schools established in China’s normal universities, BNU Business School (BNUBS) passed EQUIS international certification in 2016 and ranks among the top 1% of elite business schools in the world. Relying on the over 100 years’ history and culture of BNU, BNUBS has developed into an important personnel training and scientific research base in China’s economics and business management disciplines over the past 40 years. According to the latest discipline evaluation rankings of the Ministry of Education, the theoretical economics of BNUBS ranks the fifth among the same disciplines in China. As one of the earliest business schools in China offering a full-English international Master’s degree program, BNUBS has extensive experience and advantages in terms of faculty, learning resources, student management, and services in cultivating international students. The Full-English International Master Program of “World Economy and China” launched in 2011 has greatly promoted and improved BNUBS’s English-language curriculum and the quality of international students’ cultivation.
Based on the demand of international talent market, BNUBS’s international students’ cultivation has always applied diversified teaching methods, attached importance to the theory and practice, and adopted a teaching method combining classroom teaching, independent learning, practical learning, case discussions, and academic salons, cultivating many high-level international professionals with a good foundation in economics, international perspective and understanding of China’s society and culture.
2. Program Introduction
With the continuous deepening of economic globalization, the Belt and Road Initiative has built a new platform for the cooperation and development of all countries in the world, creating a new pattern of global economic development. In today’s world, while promoting the economic and social development of mankind, the flow of capital, technology, information, and people across borders has brought about many problems and challenges, posing a request for cooperation of all countries to cope with them. The new development concepts and international talents who understand international development theory and have practical knowledge are urgently needed. To comply with this new development, better participate in international education competition, effectively link domestic and foreign high-quality education resources and give greater play to the role of existing international school-running and scientific research resources, BNUBS launches the “International Development” Ph.D. program (full-English), highlighting features, moulding brands, vigorously promoting and building high-level international student education programs and further enhancing BNUBS’s domestic and international influence.
The program aims to cultivate versatile talents with a global vision, sense of innovation and deep economic literacy, who can engage in international exchanges and political and economic activities, adapt to the complex political, economic, social, policy, cultural and legal environment of the world, communicate across cultures and serve in multinational companies, government departments, international organizations and related fields.
3. Application Requirements
(1) Non-Chinese citizens who hold valid foreign passports;
(2)Being friendly with China, and well-behaved; obeying China’s government laws and BNUBS’s rules and regulations and respecting Chinese’ customs and habits;
(3) Ph.D. degree applicants should have a master’s degree or equivalent master’s degree;
(4) This program, taught in English, requires applicants to be proficient in English or to use English as a second language. It is recommended to attach relevant certificates to prove the English level;
(5)Applicants should be in good health and health certificates issued by local public hospitals should be provided; Applicants should not have: diseases prohibited by China’s laws and regulations; serious chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases and diabetes; mental illness or epidemics which might seriously threaten public hygiene. Applicants should not be in the recovery phase of major surgery or acute illness, with severe disability or in pregnancy.
4. Program Duration and Tuition
Duration: 3 years
Tuition: RMB 98000 (3 years)
5. Courses and Language Requirements
All courses in this program are taught in English and the teaching model combines classroom teaching, independent learning, case discussion, social practice and academic salons. Applicants’ Chinese level is not required but those from non-English-speaking countries are required to submit officially accredited English proficiency certificates, such as TOFEL, IELTS and etc.
6. Dissertation and Dissertation Defense
Doctoral dissertations are required to be completed independently in English with the mentors’ guidance. (Typeface: Times New Roman, type size: 12 fonts, 1.5-fold line spacing, and at least 80,000 words). The dissertation deliberation and defense will be organized by BNUBS and seriously complied with BNU’s degree granting rules and instructions and requirements by other universities.
The degree program is based on the first-level discipline of theoretical economics. Students could obtain a diploma and a doctor’s degree in economics after: completing the course credits and compulsory courses required by the program within the stipulated period of time, obtaining the minimum credits required, passing the exams, completing the dissertation and passing the dissertation defense and the review by the academic degree assessment committee of the degree-granting unit.
Within the maximum length of school years prescribed by BNU, students can apply for a doctor’s degree for at most two times. Postponed doctoral students should pay tuition as required by BNU and when they apply for a degree for the second time, they must bear the costs of dissertation detection, review, and defense.
7. Application Procedure
I. Application Eligibility
1) Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens holding a foreign passport under 50 years old;
2) Applicants should be in good health and character and respect Chinese customs andhabits , willing to abide by both Chinese Law & Regulations and School Rule & Regulations;
3) Applicants for Doctoral Degrees should hold a qualification which is equivalent (or above) to a Master's Degree from a Chinese university;
4) Applicants who are non-native English speakers should provide a certificate of their English proficiency. For details, please refer to the related program information.
II. Application Period
*Suggested Application Time: December 1st –May 30th, time may varies upon ISO calendar every year.)
*For Scholarship Application, the period is subject to the scholarship application period.
(Please note the date here means the day that application materials are mailed or sent in person to BNU International Students Office.)
III. Application Materials
Applicants must first visit //apply.bnu.edu.cn/ and complete the online application procedure, and complete the payment of the registration fee. Detailed information about how to apply could be found on the web page: https://zyxd.17gz.org/html/0/guide_en.htm .
Please submit the following application materials by May 30th directly to the International Students Office of Beijing Normal University (Room 9910 Jingshi Building, No. 19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District, Beijing).
1) BNU Application Form for International Student (on completion of the online application form it must be downloaded and printed. Please stick the photo and ensure that the application form is signed by the applicant and his/her guarantor.
2) Recommendation letters from two associate professors or scholars with higher academic titles. There is no specified format for the recommendation letters and all letters must be signed by the referee.
3) Completed Personal Statement Form (Master's course transcripts, original or notarized documents (in Chinese or English), abstracts of master's thesis)
(4) The original English-language proof materials from non-native English applicants;
(5) The registration fee is 600 yuan, online payment or cash payment (Note: applicants who apply for scholarships must also pay the registration fee);
(6) One passport size photo (excluding the photo required for the application form, please write your name on the back of the photo and apply for the department);
(7) 2 copies of the passport, the passport must be a valid ordinary passport;
(8) Published academic papers, patents obtained or other research results (original or photocopy).
New graduates may not provide proof of graduation and degree, but must provide proof of graduation at the school. If admitted, it must be paid at the time of enrollment. If it is not available, it will be disqualified.
Pakistan applicants please refer to: "Notes" //iso.bnu.edu.cn/cn/single_page_fragment?id="26
If you are interested in this PhD program or have any questions in your application, please find contact information below. We are looking forward to further conversations with you.
Tel: +86-10-58800307 (CHI/ENG)
Email: [email protected]
International Students’ Office
Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:00-11:30, 14:00-17:30
Address: Beijing Normal University, Room 9910 Jingshi Building, No. 19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District, Beijing